After paying for land, this company is asking for more money

after paying for land, this company is asking for more money
Please help me.

After paying for land, this company is asking me for more money.

In 2015, I got a flier from a marketer for one of the real estate companies in Lagos here. The property on offer was in a good location, and the price was fair. So I showed interest by calling the marketer to give me more details. We arranged for a meeting where I asked all the questions pertaining to the land before I started committing funds to it.

Early this year, I finished paying for the property. But all I got after that was just a final receipt and a mail to congratulate me for payment. After two months, I had to call the marketer’s line to ask what happened. But to my surprise, it was another person that picked it. I was told that the lady – the original marketer – had resigned and that I would have to come to the office to discuss.

When we sat for a meeting with the staff of the company, they started telling me stories about how my money is not yet complete even after paying for land. And that I can’t get any land until I have made other payments.

I told them that the marketer did not tell me about any extra payments, but they insisted that if I want my land, I must make the other payments.

The problem I have now is that I really want the land. But they said I can’t immediately get my money even if I ask for a refund. The extra payment they are asking me to pay is also much. Now I am confused totally.

What should I do?

Response #1
I think you made a mistake by not doing your due diligence. You thought you did by asking all the ‘right’ questions but that’s not all there is to this. It was your money against a marketer’s word.
The marketer on the other hand was desperate to make sales and that was why she made paying for land a priority over everything else. What you should have done was to come down to the office. This, you did later but that was after the problem had occurred.
Since what you are looking for now is a solution, ascertain properly whether the real estate company is credible, to begin with. Then, ask for what you need to do. This situation is one that would get you angry but really, there is nothing you can do more than express your agitation. Hopefully, the customer service of this mentioned company is on point to help you navigate through.
This time, be patient and now follow through properly.

Response #2
Firstly, it is not advisable to go into a real estate transaction without employing the services of a solicitor. That was where the initial mistake was made.  It is always good to bring in a 3rd party; better safe than sorry.
At this point, it is still not too late to involve a lawyer/solicitor so they will know how serious you are.  Then together you can have a round table discussion where the history of your transactions with them will be laid bare and possibly bring in the marketer in question. For now, it is still their word against yours.

Response #3
 You didn’t do enough due diligence before paying for land. Every buyer should search for more information beyond the words of a marketer when buying a property. A quack marketer is often looking to just sell and earn commission. It doesn’t matter if the buyer suffers later for anemic information. That’s the situation you now find yourself.
I’m sure there must have been a product FAQ for the land your bought. Taking time to read it may have saved you a lot of stress. But now, you will have to sit with the company and understand what it takes. If you can go on with the transaction, please do. If you can’t, you can wait for a refund.
Please note that this segment of the site is called ‘REAL ESTATE PALAVER’. It is a segment where you get to send in your real estate related issues or concerns. We have respondents who will offer advice that can help you find solution to the issue.
Kindly note that the advice offered is not sacrosanct. It is just an opinion which you are not compelled to follow. You can still seek further perspectives to your issue. This will just be a guide.
To send in your concern/issue, please send us a mail at md.destinyking@gmail.com
Thank you.



Get this Tips everyday, Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Share:

No comments:

Related News

© 2018 Copyrite | Destiny King News. Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

  • ()

Search This Blog

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Unordered List

  • Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.
  • Aliquam tincidunt mauris eu risus.
  • Vestibulum auctor dapibus neque.

Pages

Theme Support

Need our help to upload or customize this blogger template? Contact me with details about the theme customization you need.

Sample Text

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation test link ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.